Friday, January 18, 2013

That Was Dumb

So, since all the BS happened, my DH has picked up drinking. Not in an alcholic type of way, but in a 3-5x a week type of way. Definitely both of his days off & sometimes after work. I HATE IT. He is incredibly mean when he drinks. Like, gut punch mean. Makes me cry almost everytime & then the next day says "I don't remember." LIES. He doesn't get drunk enough not to remember. And he's drinking vodka..So..yeah. Anyway, he took my rings back when everything went south. He told me he was getting them rhodium plated to "protect his investment." Mhmm..So I haven't seen them in over 2 months. Tonight, he said "do you want to see your rings?" And I couldn't say no. That.was.dumb. They are gorgeous. Amazing. I want them. I want him to to give them to me. And he's been telling me "I'm not ready to give you your rings back." I understand that, at the same time, they're MINE. Tonight, he told me "I don't care if you wear them. I don't care if you take them." And that cut like a knife. Seriously. I want him to WANT to give them back to me. He doesn't. He's done. At least it felt like that tonight. He didn't even care when I cried. He said "so are you keeping them or what?" I gave them back. He was already in bed & said "yeah, can you cover me up?" Yep. It was awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. I'm so sorry. He's being very disrespectful and I'm sorry!

Mrs. Lydon said...

be careful that sort of drinking can become (if you dont already feel like it has) a problem. Alcahol abuse at the least.

Mrs. Lydon said...

watch for the signs of alcahol abuse and or alcaholism. This is how it begins if you arent careful and concious of controling it.