
MySpace Graphics & MySpace Layouts
Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Tim Nese!!
Finally back and out of the car!! Good lord it seemed to take FOREVER to get home. So a synopsis..
We stayed a VERY nice hotel in Bentonville, Arkansas, called SpringHill Suites by Marriott. The bed and pillows? A dream..I wanted to buy that bed and pillows from them. We were pretty busy the whole time, didn't even get to swim in the pool. But Friday night we checked in, took a little nape, and headed over my my aunt & uncles house and they had a little get together of everyone who was from out of town (most of my family, since Megan is my cousin and his friends and some family, from Pennesylvania & Maryland.) My bad, BAD cousins were there, they are 5 and 2 and they are so SO badly behaved, and their parents? Don't even go there. They have the mindset that the world should be given to them on a silver platter and that they shouldn't have to raise a hand to do anything, including, but not limited to raising and disciplining their own kids. Seriously, before this weekend my grandma thought I should have those two as my ringbearer and flowergirl (and I NEVER entertained the idea) after this weekend, not so much. They were just terrible and I don't think I could deal with their parents on my wedding day. Anyway, we stayed there until about 10, Megan and Tim and the wedding party came over after the rehearsal and we got to bed about 11. On Saturday morning we went to Pea Ridge National Battlefield, which is a battlefield in NW Arkansas from the Civil War. It was really interesting. I have been to a lot of battlefields (as the CW is kind of my dad's thing) but Evan had never been before and he thought it was really neat as well. Then we headed back to the hotel and were running late for the wedding. We made it with 10 minutes to spare. The wedding was nice. It wasn't extravagant, but Megan was GORGEOUS!! She looked so pretty (and so nervous.) There were some parts of their wedding that Evan and I would like to incorporate into ours. It was nice, made me cry because when my Uncle Mike was walking Megan down the aisle, my dad turned to me and said "thats you and me in a few months" and he had tears in his eyes and I just about lost it. But it was really neat getting to see my whole family together in one place. That so rarely happens. So the reception was at an art gallery in Rogers, by the University of Arkansas, and it was different and nice. The DJ wasn't so good because he was using a computer and it kept skipping and kept coming out at different volumes. The cake was very rich and it was pretty as well. They had a sit-down dinner that had 3 different kinds of meat, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and salad and.....an OPEN BAR!!! Nice! I've decided we need one of those at our wedding except for the fact that it is the grooms family's job to pay for that and I don't Evan's family will. I told him to ask his dad, but they'll probably say now, which means we will be footing the bill for that one because I doubt highly my parents will pay for it. But anyway, we left the wedding around 11:30 and headed home this morning about 9:00am. So it took us about ll hours to get there and it wasn't that bad. My knee was just really acting up. And I found out that the whole Wolfe (and now Nese) family plans on coming for my wedding. Megan & Tim told me they've already booked their flight as has Lauren and Matthew, so we'll see if Mike & Sanna show up. Anyway, Im exhausted, I need to go catch up on my commenting and go to bed. More tomorrow.
1 comment:
Sounds like a lot of fun! It's so nice to have the whole family together. We'll be seeing ours for July 4th, and I can't wait! It's fun to scope out other weddings before your own... I would watch those wedding shows with my friends, and we'd always say, "Note to self: Do this [or don't do this] on my big day."
(Visiting from NaComLeavMo)
Post a Comment