Saturday, June 7, 2008

Whiny

I had to post again today because my last post made me sound kind of whiny. Im not, I think it has to do with all this rain, but sometimes, when someone else is suffering, it kind of makes you remember what you have been through as well. But seriously, everything is okay in my neck of woods. Im working on my 50 drug cards (that I've had assigned for almost 11 weeks but am JUST NOW working on) and my paper for pathophysiology. Yeah Im a slacker. Oh and here is a question for my blog readers..What if you had a friend that liked to take narcotics, not only for the pain relieving element, but for the *high* as well? And you started to look at her and realize that maybe there is a problem. Now, so far, the drugs have been prescribed to her, but she ran out a few days ago and contacted a mutual friend to see if she had any. What do you do in this situation? Im kind of at a standstill right now. Thank you!!

***UPDATE***
I just found out from my mom & dad that our church is flooded because of all the rain. Currently it has about a foot of standing water which they are currently trying to pump out (unsuccessfully at this point) Our preschool, where I work, is located in the basement where all of the water is, so therefore all of our classrooms have standing water as well. Because of the almost 86 year old pipes in the building, this was bound to happen, in a good way, Im glad it was today because trying to call 70 children's parents to come pick them up, isnt easy. Please be in prayer that this gets cleaned up by Monday, otherwise, we won't be having school. And a small prayer for a day w/o rain, or 5 would be good too so everyone in Indiana could dry out a little bit. There is just no place for the water to go. Thank you!!

2 comments:

JuliaS said...

Some of it would depend on how close a friend the narcotic seeker is. If you are close enough that you could go out for lunch together and just express some concern in a non-accusatory way, you might be able to be a supportive influence. Good luck with that - it's a tough call.

And - you are so welcome on the hyper-linking. I am just starting to get the hang of a lot of the other HTML code and such. Who knew blogging would be an education as well? :0)

No worries on the whining - I think we are all entitled to a bit of a whine now and then just to get it out and not have it fester. :0)

Pepper said...

I hope the basement of your church gets cleaned and dry quickly. As for your friend, that's a tough one and I'm not quite sure what I would do because personalities are so different. Do you have a mutual friend or someone else that you can bounce ideas off of? Not someone who, if the friend found out about it, would feel like you went behind her back, but someone familiar enough with the situation to have a basis for an opinion? I'd probably start there.

I hope everything comes together nicely. This is definitely tough stuff, so hang in there.

Visiting from NCLM.