Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space. ~Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor~
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Loss
There's a lot of loss in the blogsphere right now...I just can't comprehend all of. Seriously, it makes God out to be such a jerk. I know everything happens for a reason, but how do you tell that to someone who is loosing their fourth pregnancy? Or someone who's husband was diagnosed w/cancer a few days before she gave birth to their second child? Or to someone who lost twins, and can't stop thinking about the "if only's?" I just don't understand. And I feel like my loss stories just don't compare. I don't know where God was the day my grandma had a brain aneurysm and died at my cousins wedding in a blink of an eye. Where was he when my grandpa went in for a routing hip replacement surgery and the nurse overdosed him with morphine and he died? Where was he when my baby left my body only a few months of knowing her? I just, I don't know. Im just lost, and I don't know what to say to these people going through loss except that happier, brighter days do come, and it might take awhile, but they are there. And me (and I know a lot of other readers) are here just to listen to you vent, hold your hand, and cry with you as you experience these things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have thought the same things so many times. I spent a lot of time angry at God in the past. Now when I feel the way you do about all the loss and heartbreak and unanswered "whys," I'm just resolved to thinking that I just don't understand Him and that I'm not supposed to. It's not comforting in anyway, but it's not the same as anger. Hard to explain. I do always question why, though. I think the difference between then and now is the understanding that that's one answer I'll probably never get, and I don't always feel mad about that anymore. It's more of a resigned acceptance.
You surely have been through a lot of tragedies. Hugs to you and I'm keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. Thanks for your support over on my blog. It really does help make things a bit easier.
There is so much sadness in the blogosphere, but there is also a tremendous amount of hope and inspiration to be found.
I'm so sorry for your losses. It's not fair that one person should have to suffer so much.
I've always believed in "every thing happens for a reason" but when I read about women how have multiple miscarriages (or even one) or those that lose a child, I just cannot believe that it is all happening for a reason.
It's good that you can support these women and let them know that better days are ahead. You are needed in the blogosphere.
Post a Comment