Thursday, June 5, 2008

So frustrated!

This is a venting post. Please don't take offense. As someone kindly reminded me, having ADHD is not easy to live with. It is not my intent to offend anyone, Im just very frustrated and don't know where else to turn. Thanks a million


Evan failed his police tests. They said that the cumulative score of the written test, physical exam, and oral interview wasn't enough to move on. This is the THIRD time he has failed in one year. Seriously...Let me tell you the story. He has wanted to be a police officer all of his life. So he has tried out for IMPD twice and ISP once. He failed the final step for IMPD in November (he was 37 seconds slow for the run) and has since taken up exercising every morning for an hour or more. He is in good shape (as far as I know.) He failed the ISP exam because he was late for the interview and this time, he tells me after the fact, that he "forgot" his Adderrall (for his ADHD) before the interview?!?!? WHAT?! I am so upset and kind of angry with him. He is 23, he should not have to be reminded to take the medication he knows keeps him from being jittery/hyper. Am I wrong to think that if you want something really bad you do EVERYTHING to make it happen? Well, everything in your power? Please tell me Im not crazy. For instance, I want to be a nurse. I am going to school 20 hours a week and working 40+ hours a week to make this happen. I have not missed more then 2 classes a quarter and I am never late and my assignments are always very well done and on time, because I want this! Just tell me Im not nuts for being frustrated. He says he is going to try again for both. I think he needs to take a break, refresh, and then go back to trying again. I don't know. Today has just been a high frustration day because he seems to need a fire lit under his ass in order to get him to do anything!!! Like get an apartment in Indy, get transferred etc. Im just pissy. Sorry for the rant, but I just really had to.

3 comments:

JuliaS said...

Here from NCLM.

My son has ADHD and also takes Adderall. Living with someone who has ADD or ADHD is not easy. Living with it yourself isn't easy either. I hope things work out.

OK - to help you with your hyperlinking!

When you are creating your post in blogger - across the top are little symbols - it starts with font, you'll see a couple of T's, a B, etc. Right next to the T with the little color checkboard next to it is a funny little icon that looks like muscle arms coming out of a green globe (it's actually supposed to be a link from a chain). You highlight the word you want to make into a link (Use the mouse and put the cursor right in front of the word and then click and hold it drawing it across the word - it will show up in a blue box). Once the word (or words) that you want to link are highlighted. Release the mouse and go click on the green globe-y thing. It will prompt you to input the url. Click "ok" and voila! You have just made a link. I usually add the links after I finish typing the post, or at least that sentence or paragraph - otherwise I sometimes end up with entire paragraphs that are the link.

If you want to know how to do it in a comments section (not all will take HTML code, but some will) google "HTML link" and it will show you exactly how to do it in code. :0)

Good luck and happy linking!

JuliaS said...

Oh honey - it's MY turn to apologize - I didn't mean to sound critical, problem with comments over the web, there's no inflection - so sometimes it's hard to tell how someone means what they are saying! Anyway - I was just trying to be sympathetic for both of you! I know I get frustrated all the time and it isn't their fault and I got the sense that was were you were also - just frustrated! I can certainly appreciate the value of venting some steam and letting it out. :0)

Thank you for coming by my blog and your kind comments there.

Good wishes!

DC said...

I'm sorry Evan didn't make it through his police exams. I understand why you are mad at him for not taking his medicine. Maybe you should write a reminder on his hand with a Sharpie or staple a note to his forehead?? ;)

Seriously, though, I hope he gets accepted to a department soon. It sounds like he's working hard.

BTW . . . I'm including my tag challenge in tomorrow's post. Thanks again for thinking of me! :)