Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space. ~Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor~
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Fearful
May I share a fear with you? Well let me start at the begining. In October of 2002 I became pregnant with my baby girl. It was COMPLETELY unplanned and a huge surprise. Not to mention the dad, had another girlfriend at the time. I was 19, in college, just starting a sorority etc. But as soon as I knew (which was about 5 seconds after the sex, sometimes you just KNOW)I was in love with my baby. But, I was alone, I didn't tell the dad or my family. I just went about daily life. I remember not having severe morning sickness but I ABHORRED smells. My nose was so sensitive, it was terrible. I went home for Christmas break on December 9 and 10 days later, I started miscarrying, the day I was going to tell my parents I was pregnant. I was devastated. I know that my baby wasn't very old, nor did I know FOR SURE that she was a girl (it was just a gut feeling) but I was so upset. I wanted her. And, to this day, I remember her EDD (07-15) and how she would be starting kindergarten this year. So here's my fear, what if I never get to experience that again? What if I do have trouble conceiving? What if I miscarry again? I know there are many women who haev gone through this, but it's kind of something more to the forefront of my mind now that Im getting ready to get married and hopefully start a family. My fiance has said he doesn't care if we cant have biological children, that we'll just adopt, which I totally agree with (being adopted myself) but on the other hand, a child will be my first blood relative. A part of me. And Im so scared I might not be able to do that again. And i feel bad because there are so many people who are going through this and have over and over and do I really have any right to be scared? I don't know, I just know that I am worried...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a heartbreaking experience. I've never had a loss, but I do understand the fear.
Fortunately, (or unfortunately) I am very good at ignoring it.
What's that they say about that river in Egypt?
That is truly heartbreaking. I totally understand your fear, and can say that YES you have every right to that fear. There are just so many things that are hard to predict, but I will hope and pray for you that you do get pregnant when you're truly ready, and that there are no more miscarriages in your future.
(Here through NCLM)
Hope you haven't been tagged already!
Check out my blog for more details.
Ok, this is just my opinions, but here goes:
You have EVERY RIGHT to feel the way you do. Once you've experienced infertility or the loss of a baby, you never look at pregnancy the same way again.
Personally, I'm both envious and irritated with people who can get pregnant and think nothing of it, who go through their entire pregnancy unworried and expected the best. I wish I was that lucky.
But back to you. :) It's ok to fell the way you do - don't apologize for it. But at the same time, try not to dwell on it (I know, easier said than done) ... you just don't know what will happen down the road.
I sincerely hope that things work out the way you want them to. Enjoy this time before your wedding - it's just 122 days away (according to your counter)!
By the way, I'm here for NaComLeavMo - HI!
Post a Comment